Research is an important part of my learning process. I have worked in areas related to Software Engineering Education, Search in Social Networks and Formal Specification and Verification (mostly using Isabelle/HOL). Following is a list of my publications. I’ll post as much information about these publications as possible.
Books, Book Chapters and Journal Papers
- Masoom Alam, Xinwen Zhang, Nauman, M, Tamleek Ali and Patrick C.K. Hung. Behavioral Attestation for Business Processes. To appear in Journal of Web Services Research. Indexed ISI/SCI-E, Impact factor: 1.200. Accepted April 2010.
- Nauman, M and Sohail Khan. Design and Implementation of a Fine-grained Resource Usage Model for the Android Platform. To appear in International Arab Journal of Information Technology. Indexed ISI/SCI-E. Accepted March 2010. [PDF]
- Integrity Based Access Control: A Case Study in Remote Attestation.
[Book - Co-authored]
Publisher: VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller e.K. (Germany) on December 29, 2008.
Available from Amazon
- Nauman, M., Shahbaz Khan and Sanaullah Khan. Helplets: A Collaborative Help Collection and Retrieval Architecture for Web-Enabled Systems.
[Book Chapter] in Web-based Support Systems. Springer, 2010.
- Common Sense and Folksonomy: Engineering a Model for an Intelligent Search System.
Publisher: VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller e.K. (Germany) on June 10, 2008.
Available from Amazon
- Nauman, M., Khan, S. and Amin, M. Addressing Polysemy and Synonymy in Collaborative Tagging Systems through Machine Common Sense. Journal of Computer and Information Sciences. Volume 1. Issue 2. February 2008. Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Nauman, M., Sohail Khan, Xinwen Zhang and Jean-Pierre Seifert. Beyond Kernel-level Integrity Measurement: Enabling Remote Attestation for the Android Platform. 3rd International Conference on Trust and Trustworthy Computing (Trust 2010). June, 2010. Berlin, Germany.
- Nauman, M. and Ali, T. TOKEN: Trustable Keystroke-based Authentication for Web-based Applications on Smartphones. International Workshop on Wireless and Network Security (WSN’10). June, 2010. Miyazaki, Japan.
- Tamleek Ali, Nauman, M. Fazl-e-Hadi, Fahad bin Muhaya. On Usage Control of Multimedia Content in and through Cloud Computing Paradigm. Accepted at the 5th International Conference on Future Information Technology (FutureTech2010). Conference to be held May 2010. Busan, Korea.
- Tamleek Ali, Nauman, M., Muhammad Amin, Masoom Alam. Scalable, Privacy-preserving Remote Attestation in and through Federated Identity Management Frameworks. Accepted at the International Conference on Information Science and Applications (ICISA 2010). April 2010. Seoul, Korea.
- Nauman, M., Sohail Khan and Xinwen Zhang. Apex: Extending Android Permission Model and Enforcement with User-defined Runtime Constraints. Accepted at the 5th ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS2010). April 2010. Beijing, China.
- Tamleek Ali, Nauman, M. and Masoom Alam. Scalable, Privacy-preserving Remote Attestation. International Conference on Trusted Systems (Intrust09). December 2009. Beijing, China.
- Imran Khan, Nauman, M., Masoom Alam and Furqan Aziz. SAuthMash: Mobile Agent based Self Authorization in Mashups. Accepted at the International ACM Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT’09). 2009. ACM. Abottabad, Pakistan.
- Shahbaz Khan, Sanullah Khan, Nauman, M., Tamleek Ali and Masoom Alam. Realizing Dynamic Behavior Attestation for Mobile. Accepted at the International ACM Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT’09). 2009. ACM. Abottabad, Pakistan.
- Ronald Toegl, Thomas Winkler, Nauman, M. and Theordore Hong. Towards Platform Independent Trusted Computing. Proceedings of the Fourth Annual Workshop on Scalable Trusted Computing (STC’09) at the 16th International ACM Conference on Computers and Communication Security (CCS’09). 2009. ACM. Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Tamleek Ali and Nauman, M. Incorporating Remote Attestation for End-to-End Protection in Web Communications Paradigm. International Conference on Internet Technologies and Applications (ITA’09). September 2009. Wrexham, UK.
- Masoom Alam, Nauman, M., Xinwen Zhang, Tamleek Ali and Patrick Hung. Behavioral Attestation for Business Processes (BA4BP). 7th IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS’09). IEEE. July, 2009. Los Angeles, USA.
- Nauman, M., Masoom Alam, Xinwen Zhang and Tamleek Ali. Remote Attestation of Information Flows and Attribute Updates in a UCON System. 2nd International Conference on Techncial and Socio-Economic Aspects of Trusted Computing (Trust2009). Springer. April, 2009. Oxford, UK.
[Paper] [PPTX] Talk Sponsored by the ICT R&D Fund, Pakistan.
- Nauman M. and Tamleek Ali. HUE: A Hardware UCON Engine for Fine-grained, Continuous Usage Control. 12th International IEEE Multitopic Conference (INMIC 2008). December, 2008. Karachi, Pakistan.
- Masoom Alam, Xinwen Zhang, Nauman, M., and Tamleek Ali. Behavioral Attestation for Web Services (BA4WS). In Proceedings of International Workshop on Secure Web Services (SWS’08.) at the 15th International ACM Conference on Computers and Communication Security (CCS’08). 2008. ACM. Fairfax, Virginia, USA.
- Nauman, M., Khan, S., Amin, M. and Hussain, F. Resolving Lexical Ambiguities in Folksonomy Based Search Systems through Common Sense and Personalization. in Proceedings of the Semantic Search 2008 Workshop. (SemSearch 2008): located at the 5th European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC2008), Tenerife, Spain.
- Masoom Alam, Zhang, X., Nauman, M., Ali, T., and Seifert, J. Model-based Behavioral Attestation. In Proceedings of the 13th ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies. SACMAT ‘08. ACM, New York, NY, 175-184. Estes Park, CO, USA.
- Khan S., Amin, M and Nauman, M. A Comprehensive Analysis of MAC Enhancements for Leveraging Distributed MAC. In Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists (IMECS 08), Hong Kong.
- Ali, T. Nauman, M. and Alam M. An Accessible Formal Specification of UML and OCL Meta-Model in Isabelle/HOL. In Proceedings of the International Multitopic Conference 2007 (INMIC’07). Lahore, Pakistan.
[Isabelle Theory File]
- Nauman, M. and Khan, S. Using PersonalizedWeb Search for Enhancing Common Sense and Folksonomy Based Intelligent Search Systems. In Proceedings of the IEEE/WIC/ACM international Conference on Web intelligence (November 02 – 05, 2007). Web Intelligence. IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, 423-426. Silicon Valley, USA.
Sponsored by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- Nauman, M. and Hussain, F. “Common Sense and Folksonomy: Engineering an Intelligent Search System,” in Proceedings of ICIET’07: International Conference on Information and Emerging Technologies. ICET. IEEE. Karachi, Pakistan. 2007.
[PPT | IEEE Link]
- Nauman, M. and Uzair, M. 2007. SE and CS Collaboration: Training Students for Engineering Large, Complex Systems. In Proceedings of the 20th Conference on Software Engineering Education & Training (July 03 – 05, 2007). CSEET. IEEE Computer Society. Dublin, Ireland.
Talk sponsored by the CSEE&T and Dublin City University, Ireland.
[PPT | IEEE DOI]
I have reviewed one or more papers for SACMAT09 and TrustCol09. I have also reviewed a book chapter for Security in Computing and Networking Systems: The State-of-the-Art.
- Ireland. For presenting a paper in CSE&T 2007. April 2007
- United Kingdom. For presenting a paper in Trust 2009. April 2009
- United States. For presenting a paper in STC09 at CCS09. November 2009